Dr Karen Clegg provides strategic direction for the Research Excellence Training (RET) provision at the University of York.She co-ordinates and delivers training for all those actively engaged in research and those who support research. Karen’s research into reflective practice and self and peer assessment underpins her pedagogic design and her commitment to developing communities of practice. Karen’s responsibilities include:
- Oversight of all training in relation to research excellence,knowledge exchange and enterprise and public engagement activities for researchers
- Co-delivery of the Times Higher Award winning ‘Research Leaders’ programme for academic staff and PIs
- Co-ordination of the University’s Concordat and ‘HR Excellence in Research’ process
- Supporting the implementation of the Research Strategy and York Graduate Research School activity
- Developing national and international partnerships to enhancethe research culture
Karen has a PhD in Education, has published widely on Assessment, is a trained coach and Senior Fellow of Advance HE.