You are invited to submit a proposal for the International AHE Conference 2022 in five possible formats:
- Poster & Pitch: This popular format involves a portrait style A0 poster plus a three minute pitch in a themed room followed by time for the audience to interact with individual presenters. These sessions attract a special interest audience and provide great networking opportunities. Poster & pitch may focus on research or practice exchange.
- Evaluation or Research Presentation: Present your evaluation or research project more formally with a maximum of 15 minutes for presentation. You may provide a paper or web link to support your presentation. There will be 15 minutes for discussion.
- Mini-Keynote Presentation: An opportunity to address the whole conference with your evaluation or research in a 5-minute oral presentation. While you may accompany your mini-keynote address with a limited number of slides, please consider their suitability for a diverse audience and the strictly observed time available. Please also note that pre-recorded videos or similar should NOT be prepared as a substitute for your oral presentation. Timing will be strict. There will be 5 minutes for the audience to respond to your presentation with comment or questions for you to consider.
- Round table presentation: An opportunity to share innovative practice and research with 3 minute initial presentations contributing to critical discussion, you may accompany your presentation with a hard copy handout or web link. Topics e.g. an example of a successful innovation in your institution, successful implementing a specific assessment change, an effective technique for engaging staff, ideas for research and development projects, and others. There will be up to 8 other presenters within a one-hour session and other interested conference delegates will join the group and contribute to discussion. Timing of initial presentations, focused clearly on the key issue you are tackling, will be up to 3 minutes.
- Symposia: This format will consist of three or four individual papers on a related topic and will be presented and discussed in a 75 minute session. A symposium abstract should be submitted by the lead presenter (convenor) providing an introduction (400 words) to the research topic and explaining how the individual papers address different aspects. Each paper should be submitted by the individual authors as separate proposals to the conference. Where symposia submissions are not accepted, the research papers will be considered through peer review for presentation as individual papers. In support of convenors, members of the AHE committee are happy to act as a discussant for your symposium. Convenors may arrange their own discussant or let us know, and we will appoint one from the committee. Normally draft papers from each presenter within the symposium are sent to the discussant at least 5 days in advance of conference.
- Call for contributions
- Presentation Formats
- Submission Guidelines
- Registration & Accommodation
- Exhibiting & Sponsorship
- Previous Conference Programme
The AHE Network is leading the development of assessment for learning in higher education