Edited by Cordelia Bryan and Karen Clegg
Contextualising why assessment is still the single most important factor affecting student learning in higher education, this second edition of Innovative Assessment in Higher Education: A Handbook for Academic Practitioners offers a critical discourse about the value of assessment to student learning alongside practical suggestions about how to enhance assessment and feedback to students.
With 17 new chapters this edition:
- Contextualises assessment within the current Higher Education landscape
- Explores how student, parent and government expectations impact on assessment design
- Presents case studies on how to develop,incorporate and assess employability skills
- Reviews how technology and social media can be used to enhance assessment and feedback
- Provides examples and critical review of the use and development of feedback practices and how to assess professional, creative and performance-based subjects
- Offers guidance on how to develop assessment that is inclusive and enables all students to advance their potential
Bridging the gap between theory and the practical elements of assessment, Innovative Assessment in Higher Education: A Handbook for Academic Practitioners is an essential resource for busy academics looking to make a tangible difference to their academic practice and their students’ learning. This practical and accessible guide will aid both new and more experienced practitioners looking to learn more about how and why assessment in higher education can make such a difference to student learning.
This publication is currently being offered with a 20% discount. For further details, please follow this link